Element Declaration -- ANY

Hi All,

In myDtd.DTD I have declared an element as such

<!ELEMENT MyElement ANY>
<!ATTLIST MyElement
	Number CDATA #IMPLIED

In myXml.XML :

<MyElement myAtt="1">
This one of Attribute...works fine.
</MyElement>

<MyElement>
This one does not have Attribute... I got error:
This file is not valid:
Text not allowed inside element 'MyElement'.
</MyElement>

Why do I get an error for the 2nd element? shouldn't ANY support parsed
character data?
And how come I only get error for the one WITHOUT an Attribute?
And I remember this works when I use XML SPY 3.5, did it changed with XML
SPY SUITE 4.0??