Throw an error from XSL

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to throw an error from an XSL.  I've checked
Michael's book and the FAQ, and all of the information seems to be based
around trapping errors inside the XSL, rather than throwing them at the
user.

Background:

I'm writing an internal XML tag reference framework for our company, and am
using XSL to format and hyperlink up the HTML docs.

I have code like this:

	<tag name="cheese">
	</tag>

	<tag name="biscuits">
		Biscuits go with <tagref name="cheese" />
	</tag>

Now I can easily look up the tag called 'cheese', and hyperlink to it when I
encounter a <tagref /> but I'd like to also just be able to stop and say "I
can't find the tag" if it doesn't exist (e.g. they tried to link to a tag
that isn't docced).  Can this be done so that people can't mess up our
internal docs?

Any suggestions much appreciated,

Thanks,

Nick