Re: Re: RE: Namespace incompatibility b/n XPath 2.0 Data Model and XPath 1.0 (Was Re: XML schema general convert with XSLT (namespaces..))

Evan Lenz wrote:
> > Dmitre Novatchev wrote:
> > The XPath 2.0 Data Model document doesn't mention that there is a change
in the
> > above definition. Any misunderstanding would have been avoided, if this
had been
> > explained in the document.
>
> Besides going beyond the scope of the data model document (which talks
> nothing about axes or other constructs of the XPath language), such an
> explanation would be too committal given the WD status of the document and
> the editorial note that states "this is still the subject of debate". The
> implication here is that there are other proposals on the table.

I understand that right now we have only a partial, not final picture from one
document (the data model).

I have just signaled that something is incomplete. The above explanation also shows
that an extra effort will be needed to keep in sync all the documents that cover
this subject. Hopefully, important changes and definitions will not be missed from
all documents based on the assumption that they'd be covered elsewhere.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.