RE: No defaut possible namespace ?

Generally it's best to make the default namespace for the stylesheet the
same as the default namespace for the result document, otherwise literal
result elements don't work as you expect.

You can use any namespace as the default, but you have to be very careful
about which things get prefixed and which don't. Note that the default
namespace never applies to names held in XPath expressions or XSLT patterns.

Mike Kay