RE: divide strings

> I hope someone can help me...  I have the following
> problem... if you have a
> schema with a <union> tag in it, it looks e.g. like this:
>
> </xsd:simpleType>
>     <xsd:simpleType name="CostelloFamily">
>         <xsd:union memberTypes="PatsFamily BarbsFamily
>                             JudysFamily TomsFamily RogersFamily
>                             JohnsFamily"/>
>     </xsd:simpleType>
>
> You can union all simpleTypes mentioned within "memberTypes".
> Now my question: I do not want to get the whole String
> membertypes but I
> would like to divide it into its several simpleTypes.
> Furthermore I would like
> to create a loop that runs until all simpleTypes within
> memberTypes were
> selected...

You need to use a recursive named template. The template processes the first
word in the string (identified using substring-before()), then calls itself
to process the remaining words in the string (identified using
substring-after()). You'll find plenty of examples of such templates in XSLT
Programmer's Reference or on the FAQ site.

Mike Kay