divide strings

Hello!

I hope someone can help me...  I have the following problem... if you have a
schema with a <union> tag in it, it looks e.g. like this:

</xsd:simpleType>
    <xsd:simpleType name="CostelloFamily">
        <xsd:union memberTypes="PatsFamily BarbsFamily
                            JudysFamily TomsFamily RogersFamily
                            JohnsFamily"/>
    </xsd:simpleType>

You can union all simpleTypes mentioned within "memberTypes".
Now my question: I do not want to get the whole String membertypes but I
would like to divide it into its several simpleTypes. Furthermore I would like
to create a loop that runs until all simpleTypes within memberTypes were
selected... In the context above I want to get the String "PatsFamily", do
something with it, then select "BarbsFamily" and so on.
Maybe a code like this makes my problem clear:

<xsl:template match="xsd:union">

<xsl:variable name="memberTypes" select="@memberTypes"/>
<xsl:variable name="OneMemberType">

 <while memberTypes != empty>
 <OneMemberType = get next simpleType out of memberTypes>
  <xsl:apply-templates
select="//xsd:schema/xsd:simpleType[@name=$OneMemberType]"/>
     ... code ...
  </xsl:apply-templates>
 </while>

</xsl:template>

Is there a possibility to do that? Any help would be great! =)

greeets & best wishes

Thilo

http://www.gmx.net