RE: Inexplicable Null Characters in HTML Output

Your output doesn't contain null characters, it contains zero bytes. These
zero bytes form the top half of a 16-bit Unicode character. MSXML3 always
produces this character encoding if you write the transformation result to a
character output stream, rather than a binary output stream.

Mike Kay