Question regarding XSL and Javascript

Hi,

I am trying to get a dynamic Javascript URL generated by XSL, but the
code keeps getting stuck with the parser. I went through the FAQs and
archives and read the messages about AVT and using
disable-output-escaping. Problem is that none of these techniques work
with the link. A sample of the code is shown below -

<xsl:for-each select="Customer">
      <xsl:if test="position() mod 2 > 0">
        <a
href="javascript:window.parent.openWorkWindow('customerWorkWindow17',
'Household Details by Member',
'http://localhost/testpage/servlet/RequestHandler?ActionID=FindHousehold%26CustomerID=123001%26DISFunction=Retrieve%26DISHtml=/presentations/html/MemberDetail.HTM')">
                    <xsl:value-of select="firstName"/> <xsl:value-of
select="lastName"/></a>
				</xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

In this code, the value 123001 actually needs to be replaced with
Customer/customerID. I have been trying various combinations of
xsl:value-of, CDATA and the quotes - '' and "" without much success.

Can you help?

Rgds,
sanjeev pai

=====