Re: newbie qtn: best way to display a specific range of records (say, 5-10, or whatever)

here is a simple example of using called templates that outputs line breaks
( by evan lenz, from xslt faq )

this code calls the template 5 times

  <xsl:call-template name="line-breaks">
      <xsl:with-param name="n" select="5"/>
    </xsl:call-template>

here  is the named template
<xsl:template name="line-breaks">
  <xsl:param name="n"/>
  <xsl:if test="number($n) > 0">
    <xsl:call-template name="line-breaks">
      <xsl:with-param name="n" select="number($n) - 1"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

though i am certain there are other methods.

u may also want to review your data format, do u really need to iterate ?

cheers ,jim fuller