forcing a carriage return, line feed

Hello,

I have a question according to carriage return/line feed. What's the best
method to force it in the output document? I did it with

<xsl:text>
</xsl:text>

until now. But the code becomes a little bit unreadable, because the
</xsl:text> must always be at the start of a line to get no unwished spaces.

A nother way would be &#xa; or &#x0a;. But there is the question, whether
this could cause any problems.

In which way do you force CR/LF? What's the better, nicer, safer method?

Thanks in advance,

Joerg

http://www.gmx.net