Whitespace question

Hello all,

I followed the discussion of yesterday about whitespace since I have the
same problem myself.

I am too much a newbie for the answers to make meaning to me, so if I could
get someone to explain it in details, I would be very happy.

Using MSXML 3.0, I have following structure:

<code1>bla bla</code1> <code1>more bla bla</code1>

the <code1> tag is for internal structure and should not be printed out for
the enduser to see, s/he should just see:
bla bla more bla bla

what is seen is:
bla blamore bla bla

xsl-stylesheet for this part:
<xsl:template match="code1">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

I have tried (a hack) using:
<xsl:template match="code1">
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
	<xsl:if test="following-sibling::*[(name()='code1')][1]">
		<xsl:value-of select = "' '"/>
	</xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

But that one always sets a space, even if there is text between two <code1>
tags.

Dimitre Novachev wrote something about specifying xml:space="preserve" on an
element - how do you do that? and would that serve the job in this case? If
not, is there another way to solve the problem (and how)?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Ragulf Pickaxe