How does one go about extracting HTML anchors from an XML file?

Hello all,

I'm trying to retrieve links and mailto anchors from an XML file and display
them in an HTML page ('a href' and 'a mailto' respectively). The problem I'm
running into is that I don't know how to extract these anchors properly
while preserving the overall hierarchy of the nodes.

Here's what my XML file looks like:

<article>
   <summary>
         blah <href link='www.yahoo.com'> some link text here</href>
	 blah blah <a mailto="jacob_liat@hotmail.com>some text here</a>
	 blah blah.</p>
         the paragraph text.</p>
   </summary>
</article>

The corresponding XSL file is:

<xsl:template match="p">
   <P>
      <xsl:choose>
         <xsl:when test="href">
            <xsl:for-each select="href">
	       <xsl:call-template name="href">
	          <xsl:with-param name="word">
                     <xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:with-param>
	       </xsl:call-template>
	    </xsl:for-each>
	 </xsl:when>
	 <xsl:when test="a">
	    <xsl:for-each select="a">
	       <xsl:call-template name="a">
	          <xsl:with-param name="addr">
                     <xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:with-param>
	       </xsl:call-template>
	    </xsl:for-each>
	 </xsl:when>
      </xsl:choose>
   </P>
   <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="href">
   <xsl:param name="word"/>
      <A HREF="http://{@link}";><xsl:value-of select="$word"/></A>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="a">
   <xsl:param name="addr"/>
      <A HREF="mailto:{@mailto}";><xsl:value-of select="$addr"/></A>
</xsl:template>

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone has any ideas and would kindly point me in
the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Liat