Setting a base href in xsl:include

Hello,

I'm trying to avoid the use of a fully qualified
URL in the xsl:include statement for portability
reasons.  Also, the deployment of my XSLT maps is
different from the site of my executing program,
so I can't use relative URLS.  I'm using Xalan
1.3.

For example,
<xsl:include href="common.xsl" /> won't work for
me because it is not in context with the executing
program (Java).  My ideal solution is to pass the
base href in an XSL parameter and say:
<xsl:include href="concat($baseUrl, 'common.xsl')
/>....but the processor does not seem to
dereference or resolve any parameters within the
include statement.  That is, it seems to look for
the literal file named 'concat($baseUrl,
'common.xsl')'.  Is there another way to do this.

Also, within the Xalan API, I do not see any way
to set a base href within the Source interface,
which is how one needs to feed a stylesheet into
the tranformation process.

Has anybody thought of any work-arounds to this
issue?

Thank you,
Charles Mick