Array XSL PROb

Hi

Iam using javax.xml.Transform for transformation.My
XML is like
<testnode><top><NAME>myname</NAME><top></testnode>.

My XSL is like below:

<xsl:stylesheet
version="1.0">
<xsl:output method="text" />
<xsl:template match="testnode">
	myarray = [
	<xsl:apply-templates select="//top"/>
	]
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="top">
	"<xsl:value-of select="NAME"/>",
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Now in the array myarray two rows are getting
populated.one myname and second undefined.

How to make only the array gets populated with myname.

Using xsl:if gives an error:
"testnode" attribute is not allowed on the xsl:if
element!

Thanks

Vikram