Error --- "Call to extension element failed"

Hi

I am using the following in my xsl....

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                 xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt";
                 xmlns:chart="class:com.thoughtworks.csc.eis.chart.ChartEngine"
                 extension-element-prefixes="chart">

<lxslt:component prefix="chart" elements="createPieChart createGraph">
   <lxslt:script lang="javaclass"
src="class:com.thoughtworks.csc.eis.chart.ChartEngine"/>
</lxslt:component>

The functions createPieChart and createGraph are static.

I recently moved my app into the tomcat webserver in sun solaris. The
stylesheet lies in a folder named
"stylesheets" under the ROOT. The class "ChartEngine" lies in the classes
folder under the
ROOT.

I have the xalan.jar and xerces.jar in the lib folder. The same setup works
fine on my local machine with tomcat and
when the app was in the weblogic server.

But after the move, for some reason I keep getting the error
"Call to extension element failed :
com.thoughtworks.csc.eis.chart.ChartEngine" each time the elements
createPieChart or createGraph
is called.

Help!!!!

-Raj