Re: Ampersand in url

cutlass wrote:
> maybe his problem might lie in the fact that some mac IE browser versions do
> not respect the html with respect to this, at least in my experience i've
> had to do some rather exotic silliness with urlencoding to make the browser
> play nice.

Every other time this FAQ comes around, people answering it challenge the
list to provide examples of browsers that mishandle URIs that are written
in an HTML document in proper, & = & syntax. No one ever responds!

Can you give us *specific* examples of which browser/platform versions
have trouble with escaped ampersands in URIs appearing in HTML documents?

This doesn't change the fact that the browser is most definitely wrong
if it doesn't translate the & as it reads the HTML, but I'd at least
like to see why this is such an issue with people.

   - Mike