questions

I am attempting to write a diff-patch tool for xml.
I plan to do the patching work using using xsl.
As a part of this i have some questions...

1. How do change the name-value pair of an attribute using xsl?
2. How do i completely delete a attribute using xsl?
3. How do i add a attribute using xsl?

for eg  consider an input xml in the form

<book author="Lippman" price="20">
</book>

If decide to change the attribute price to cost the xml should look like..
<book author="Lippman" cost="20">
</book>

if i delete the attribute price the xml after transformation should look
like
<book author="Lippman" >
</book>

if i add a new attribute say currency the xml after transformation should
look like
<book author="Lippman" price="20" currency="Dollars">
</book>

Regards
Mihir