RE: Fast Processor XSLt

> > And yes, given MSXML's speed advantages, it is probably true that
> > switching to another free XSLT interpreter is unlikely to
> help. (But not
>
>   Hum, you didn't checked xsltproc recent version, did you ?

The point is that if a user is experiencing performance which is
sufficiently bad that they're prepared to consider switching XSLT processor,
then they probably need an order of magnitude improvement. Recoding the
stylesheet is quite likely to yield an order of magnitude improvement (I've
seen several cases of hundred-fold improvements), whereas switching
processor is very unlikely to give an improvement factor better than two or
three at best, unless they are using a processor that is chronically bad.

Mike Kay