XML -> HTML with paragraphs

I have an XML document with the following structure:

<item title="Searching the Site" id="2">
	<helpfile>
		Text input into paragraphs.

		Text input into paragraphs.

	</helpfile>
</item>

And I want to display the contents of <helpfile> as HTML with <p> tags to
separate the paragraphs. However, I can't seem to make this work. I've tried
adding <p> tags to the text (yeah, I know, this doesn't work).

What I really need to know I guess, is how to put HTML into an XML document
and make it display as HTML and not as escaped html (&gt;/&lt;) ... is this
even possible? I want to store helpfile information in an XML document, but
I need figures and links and images in the output ... how do I make this
work? Or is XML not the answer here?

Joshua Miller
Web Development::Programming
Eagle Technologies Group, Inc.