Re: How do you change markup to text in XSLT?

Andrew Kane wrote:

> Purpose: I was trying to put an XML subtree into an attribute, but it seemed
> like the default in XSLT was to extract the text from the subtree (similar
> to an xsl:value-of).  I wanted the tags in there as well.

[ ... ]

Isn't this illegal in XML? I seem to remember either "<" or ">" being
disallowed as attribute values.

Obviously you could escape them. However, why would you want to put an
xml tree into an attribute value? Can't you put them in as elements?

--
Mike