XSL for element containing mixed content.

How do I write XSL for following section of XML file.

<directory>
Hi I am in a directory.
<subdirectory>
Hi I am in a subdirectory.
<file>
Hi I am in file.
</file>
</subdirectory>
</Directory>

In the above case if I make a template for 'directory'
then I can write '<xsl:value-of select ".">', for
directory template. But this prints all the data which
is present in the child elements also and then if I
create a template for 'subdirectory' and 'file' then
the data gets repeated.Is there any way by which we
can tackle an element which contains '#pcdata' and a
child element ( where each child element has their own
template) ?

- Sandeep