Re: Trying to find a working XSLT processor

[G. Ken Holman]

> Can someone help me find an XSLT processor that works with the following
XML?

> I have been successfully using XT for some time now, but I now would like
> to use key() and I cannot find an XSLT processor that works with the
> example below.  I have reduced my stylesheets to this simple test that
> works just fine with XT, but the report below shows Saxon, Oracle, and
> Xalan all failing on the test.  I've also tried some commercial XSLT
> processors to no avail.
>
> If someone has another command-line processor than the ones listed above,
> could they please try the test and let me know if there is one that
> works?  One additional requirement is that I need to be able to pass
> parameters to the XSLT processor on the command line, so I cannot use a
> DLL-only solution.
>
> Thanks for any help you can be!

None of the following five parsers liked your example - they all thought
that &test; wasn't defined:

1) Saxon using XML Cooktop.
2) msxml using XML Cooltop.
3) rxp
4) the parser built in to Archtag XRay.
5) XML Spy 4.03beta (may be using msxml3, I'm not sure)

So it's no wonder that the xslt processors didn't like it either.  If you
can find a java parser that likes the file and does SAX, you could use it
with Saxon, which normally uses Alfred AFAIK.

Cheers,

Tom P