RE: FW: [svg-developers] Re: SVG 1.0 is now a W3C Recommendation

> Yes MS did adopt XSL technology early, at least XSLT.  I'm
> not sure that
> "...TR/WD-xsl" stuff really conformed to much of a spec though.  Was
> there a particular draft that it conforms to?  I thought that
> came up on
> the XSL list earlier and the consensus was that MS really didn't
> implement a particular draft, they just did a quick and dirty partial
> implementation.  Am I mistaken?

WD-xsl was based on a Dec 1998 working draft from W3C. As a working draft,
it had lots of holes. Microsoft basically left out the bits that were
incompletely specified or unimplementable, and added features that they
thought were needed to make a usable language. I don't think it was quick
and dirty, it was their best attempt to make something usable out of an
unfinished draft specification. In my opinion, though, they were very unwise
ever to let it get out of the door as anything other than a technology
preview.

Mike Kay