From: Hahn, Kimberly [mailto:Kim.Hahn@enform.com]
Sent: Friday, 31 August 2001 4:45 AM
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: RE: [xsl] IE browsers

Rosa,
The tag should be fine in the body.  Below is a very short example html
page -
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0">
<TITLE></TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<input id="me" value=" hey there 1 !" >

<object CLASSID="CLSID:f5078f19-c551-11d3-89b9-0000f81fe221"
codebase="../../../controls/msxml3.cab#version=8,00,7820,0" id="msxml3"
VIEWASTEXT></object>

<input id="me" value=" hey there !" >
</BODY>
</HTML>

This displays fine when I view it in IE.  Let me know if you are not able to
view it & still see the  two input boxes.  If you can view it fine, is there
a possibility that one of the style sheets you are using is having issues
with the object tag?

Not really related to your problem, but just a thought -
You may want to consider sending the user to a "downloading controls" page
after they log in (just before they get to the page they are logging into).
This lets you put the msxml object tag in a page that tells the user what is
going on.  Otherwise, they may be confused and think that your page is
simply taking a long time to load.  Sounds silly, but that is exactly why
the web based app I work on has such a page.  In the download page, the
window_onLoad code triggers the load of the first page in the application,
this code is only reached after the user has the control.  This also means
that only users who successfully log in are pulling the control.