RE: XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators Version 1.0

> > Well, I don't think trig functions are going to make it into
> > the core (though one never knows!);
>
> Why is that?

I don't think the group has agreed any definitive criteria for where to draw
the line, but the consensus is to try and keep the core reasonably small - a
repertoire of functions that most users will use reasonably often; the same
kind of cut-off as in XPath 1.0, but applied to a richer collection of data
types, and fixing things that are obvious gaps in XPath 1.0.

Incidentally, I'd encourage as much comment as possible on this document
from the XSLT user community. A lot of the work was done by people whose
background is quite different, e.g. SQL: this input has been extremely
useful, but means that the pressing concerns of active XPath 1.0 developers
might not be as well represented as you might wish.

Mike Kay