FW: ] Top Ten Java and XSLT Tips, #5

Hi Dimitre,

I think Eric is thinking of it in terms of XHTML - so wants it as   for
browser display.

Personally, I never use anything other than   because I have never had
any problems with it being rendered in a browser other than intended. (I
generally use output method "html" for browser display)

Apparently when the output method is "xml", (for XHTML display) Microsoft
Internet Explorer 5.5 running on Windows 2000 capital letter "A" with the
circumflex accent symbol above it.

That is the example he has given me of a place where   doesn't display
as expected in the browser.

java.oreilly.com haven't updated his changes yet, but his explaination and
example should be "updated tonight
or tomorrow morning" (in the US I imagine)

Tim Watts