RE: default meta tag Revisted

> > this will probably get me flamed but you could output to txt
> and do what you
> > were originally doing. You might have to fiddle with your XSL to get the
> > HTML correct again, but it is one way.
>
> No one ever gets flamed on this list do they?
> (except of people using the-language-known-as-xsl-in-ie5-and-ie6, but
> they don't count:-)

yes, of course, no mercy! :-' :-D

> Using the text as opposed to html or xml output methods wouldn't really
> help, as the problem would still be the same, how to ensure that the
> output was serialised in the desired encoding. (In fact you can't
> _ensure_ any particular encoding is used, the XSL engine can always
> ignore the encoding and use (say) utf8 whatever output type is used.

I mean if you use xsl:output set to text then you can do anything you want.
He already has the encodings defined per page so he can create a text doc
that is actually an html page with an html extension.  He can set the
encoding for the browser to handle, not the XSL processor.

best,
Rob