seamless processing of multiple XML fragments

I have some xml that looks like this conceptually:

 <root>
  <a>
   <b>B</b>
   <c>
    <d>D</d>
    <e>E</e>
    <f>F</f>
   </c>
  </a>
  <g>
   <h>H</h>
   <i>I</i>
  </g>
 </root>

However, the XML is actually stored in two files:

 File1.xml:
 <root>
  <a>
   <b>B</b>
   <include file="File2.xml"/>
  </a>
  <g>
   <h>H</h>
   <i>I</i>
  </g>
 </root>

 File2.xml:
 <c>
  <d>D</d>
  <e>E</e>
  <f>F</f>
 </c>

The tag <include file="File2.xml"/> conceptually shows where the xml
fragment in the second file should be inserted into xml fragment in
the first file. I could accept any mechanism that allows this type
of insertion. Here is my questions to the list: Is there a way to
implement this so that the XSLT processing is seamless? I don;t
want to concern myself with tracing nested includes in writing the
XSLT. Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Dan