Re: namespaces and copying trees

Hello!

Thanks Jeni, Oliver and Mike! Three slightly different solutions.
Combined with three XSLT processors (Saxon, Xalan and LibXSLT's
xsltproc) this calls for a comparison. The results are far more
different than I would have expected.

xsltproc didn't produce a single character of output with any of the
stylesheets. Maybe that explains my failure to come up with a solution
on my own, as this is (or should I say: was) my prefered XSLT processor.

And even the two other processors generated different results. The main
difference is that Saxon generated additional blank lines. That is
probably not really a problem, but worth noting. What is a bit strange
(maybe even a bug?): Xalan together with Jeni's solution copies all
comment nodes from the XHTML DTD into the result file. The source file
starts like this:

                     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

The resulting file starts like this:

   <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
   <!--
      Extensible HTML version 1.0 Transitional DTD

      This is the same as HTML 4.0 Transitional except for
      changes due to the differences between XML and SGML.

and continues with all comments from
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd. This does not
happen with Saxon.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick help!

--
 Joern Clausen                                joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
 Faculty of Technology           http://www.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE/~joern/