From: owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com]On Behalf Of Runni Vermel
Sent: 30 July 2001 20:06
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: [xsl] another whitespace questions (in XML this time)

so, after going through all of the whitespace emails from this weekend, and
going through the QA on the site, I can't seem to find anyone with the same
problem I'm having.
I'm using xsl to create a .txt file so I need to have maximum control over
white space. I put <xsl:output method="text" /> on the top of the xsl file,
and I'm wrapping every single text I have with <xsl:text>text</xsl:text>
elements. however, since my XML file is indented with tabs, those show up on
the some of the elements, and then they don't show up on others. xml file
(the short SHORT version):

<notification>
 <event>
  <date>07/26/2001</date>
  <venueId>1234</venueId>
  <venueName>VenueName1</venueName>
  <eventTitle>title1</eventTitle>
  <price>1</price>
  <startTime>7:45p</startTime>
  <artist>fgdfg</artist>
  <genre>GenreComing1</genre>
  <description>desc1</description>
 </event>
 <venueInfo>
  <venueId>venueid3</venueId>
  <venueName>venueName</venueName>
  <venueAddress>address3</venueAddress>
  <venueCity>city3</venueCity>
  <venueState>state3</venueState>
  <venueZip>zip3</venueZip>
  <venuePhoneOffice>office phone3</venuePhoneOffice>
  <venuePhonePublic>public phone3</venuePhonePublic>
  <eventDate value="event1">event3</eventDate>
  <eventDate value="event2">event3</eventDate>
 </venueInfo>
</notification>

the venueInfo stuff works beautifully, and DOES NOT indent. the event stuf
does. nothing i do in the xsl file seems to matter to the results - they are
both written in essentially the same way..

I'm using xalan java parser.
any suggestions?

Runni