Re: Re: producing php with xslt

I believe something similar was mentioned earlier, but you can save yourself
a lot of trouble by doing:

run your code into

<php_script>

so

<php_script>
echo "moo";
</php_script>

which is obviously valid xml syntax.

then just make a simple grep script (I have one if you'd like it) that will
take:

<php_script> -> <?php
and
</php_script> -> ?>

and you're done.

xslt is great, but remember that is isn't a generalized pattern tool - it's
for generating xml (which can be a pain in the a** sometimes :)

and, a caveat: I realize that this is not the picture of elegance... but it
would work for you right now with very little trouble.

_alex

> Wendell Piez wrote:
>> It's interesting that your XSLT processor lets you put the PI into the
>> attribute at all (doing you the kindness of stripping the angle
>> brackets to
>> make it well-formed, while thereby unmaking it a PI).
>
> The XSLT spec says:
>
> [It is an error to create] nodes other than text nodes during the
> instantiation of the content of the xsl:attribute element; implementations
> may either signal the error or ignore the offending nodes.[1]
>
> The question is, what does "ignore the offending nodes" mean? I don't think
> it means "insert the string value instead (a la output='text' rules)". So,
> interesting, yes.
>
> Evan Lenz
> XYZFind Corp.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#creating-attributes