RE: XPath weirdness!!

I'm not sure what the problem that reported is... But:

*why* are you using the // syntax at all?

"//@y" finds *all* attributes named "y" in the document, and then returns
the text value of the first one (AFAIK). Is this *really* what you want?

If you clearly describe what you source format is and which output you need,
people on the list will be able to suggest much better (and faster) XSLT
code...