Re: Why does using the XSL namespace default namespace preclude literal result elements in the empty namespace?

> I'm more interested in finding out if there's a good reason for it, and
> if not, fixing it in the next version.

To be honest it just seems a strange thing to want to do. It may be
reasonable to ask for some feature like that but I think it is
unreasonable to say that the current state is broken and needs a "fix".

If you live in a namespace-aware XML world, then it doesn't really
matter what prefix the output gets, so not a lot a point in having any
aliasing mechanism to achieve that. If you a producing "legacy" HTML
then it is surely more natural never to put the hTML elements into a
namespace in the first place, rather than put them in some fake
namespace and then ask to alias them back out of that.

David