Re: Convert XML elements with extended attributes into CSV

Thank you, Jeni.  That's exactly what I needed, the
solution and the advices are most helpful, they are
much appreciated.

On a related note, since the content of Description
attribute could have either comma or double-quote,
double-quotes are needed around the content in CSV
format.

1. To place double-quotes around the content, I read
in the FAQ section Special Characters (under 16.
Character Escaping) that I should able to use '"' with
concat().  But when I tried, I get the error "need
whitespace between attributes".  So I had to use
'"' instead like:
concat('"', @Description, '",')
Is this the best way to do this?

2. Since some of descriptions also contains
double-quote, such as 1/2"; the double-quote needs to
be escaped with another double-quote in CSV, so it
would like 1/2"".  To do that, I was trying to use
translate():
translate(@Description, '"', '""')
But this does NOT seems to work, did I use translate()
incorrectly or there is a better way to do string
replacement?

Much thanks,
Xiaocun