Re: xpath expression

Hi Alex,

> "if I'm not last, and the next input/type isn't select"

I think you're searching for the following-sibling:: axis, which gets
the next node of a certain type after this one.  In your case, you
want to go up a level to the input element, then on to the
immediately following input element that comes after it, and down to
its child type element:

  parent::input/following-sibling::input[1]/type != 'select'

Or, shorter:

  ../following-sibling::input[1]/type != 'select'

You should be a bit careful about using position() = last() to test
whether a particular node is 'last' - this tests whether it's the last
node in the current node list - the last of the list of nodes that are
currently being processed.  It doesn't necessarily test whether it's
(in this case) the type element within an input element that doesn't
have any more following siblings (it only does if the current node
list *is* the list of type elements).  You may be safer using:

  not(../following-sibling::input[1])

I hope that helps,

Jeni

---