Re: problem with name="type" in html input tag

Hi Jo,

>my problem is that in copying a html input tag from my xml source to my html output
>the attribute type="hidden" is being deleted if, and only if, the value of the name
>attribute is "type". eg <input name="type" type="hidden" ... >

I don't see anything in your XSL which would cause this: I passed a
slightly modified version through Saxon 6.0.2 and the output looks OK
to me.  But I also think it *very* unlikely it is a cocoon bug - not
that cocoon is free of bugs, just that it is unlikely to take
exception to a specific attribute value.

Before looking for a bug elsewhere, eliminate these two possibilities:

1.  Most likely, there is a template elsewhere in your XSL which is
picking up the offending element.  Make sure you are getting the right
template by putting some marker text in it, and seeing that this text
apears in the output.

2. Run the XSLT step by itself (i.e. run Xalan directly) to see if
maybe something elsewhere in the process is picking up on name="type".
A SAX filter or similar?

If that does not reveal the problem, then start cutting down the input
and XSL so that you can give us (or the cocoon folk) a complete input
+ XSL + output to work with.  For example, in the stuff you posted you
do not give us the definition of the key used in

>		<xsl:value-of select="key('field_titles', name())/@title" />&#160;//

though it is probably irrelevant.

Regards,
Trevor Nash