RE: !!!counters in XSL!!!

> Please, spend the time to learn XSLT properly.  Many of these problems
> can be easily solved with a correct understanding of things like
> position() and xsl:number.  Where those do not work, a recursive
> solution is often best.  You may have learned from other languages
> that recursion is bad: this is NOT true for XSL.  The language is
> carefully designed so that the XSLT processor can convert what you
> write as recursion into a loop.

True, but for simple known iterations (and short) the proposed way it's
not bad at all, at least for me..it's way less verbose than a recursive
iteration ( the verbiage on the example was mine , the code it's
significantly shorter than a recursive solution )

It seems to me you are kind of XSL fundamentalist ? well is it not my
case, i'm truly open to EVERY posible solution..if you have a simpler
way to put up the *same* example stylesheet, with the same usefulness ..
well write it to the list..or illuminate me with your truly high view or
point me what is incorrect on my stylesheet ( apart  that you dont like
way it's written ) , i'll be glad to learn from you..but that it's not
the case..

Thanks god, you and i are not alone on this list..;)

> you write the spec in Fortran ;-)

Fortan, Fortran .....what is Fortran ? :)

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega