Re: Going back to Xalan: what do these error messages mean?

Matthias,
You'll probably be better off posting xalan problems on
xalan-dev@xml.apache.org. I'm copying this to that list.

- Which version of xalan are you using? The -validate option has been taken
out of xalan2. I believe validation is now done by default.
- The -in and -xsl options now require a URL name of the type
"file:///..../ariadnetest.xml".

Please feel free to let us know if you run into anymore problems on the
xalan dev list.
Regards,
Myriam

                    "Matthias O. Will"
                    <m.o.will@web.de>                  To:     XSL-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
                    Sent by:                           cc:     (bcc: Myriam Midy/CAM/Lotus)
                    owner-xsl-list@lists.mulber        Subject:     [xsl] Going back to Xalan: what
                    rytech.com                         do these error messages mean?

                    04/02/01 11:44 AM
                    Please respond to xsl-list

Hi,

coming back from using another XSLT processor, I am now back using
Xalan. Transforming my document (ariadnetest.xml) isn't successful, and
I am getting the following (main) error messages:

chiloe@~...Xalan/Ariadne > java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in
ariadnetest.xml -XSL ariadne_dlmeta.xsl -out ariadnetest_out.xml
-validate -indent 3 -tt -edump
Invalid option: -validate
Line #0, Column #0: template match='/'

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: TRaX Transform Throwable
 (...)
---------
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: TRaX Transform Throwable
 (...)
---------
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: TRaX Transform Throwable
 (...)
---------
org.apache.xml.utils.URI$MalformedURIException: No scheme found in URI:
ariadnetest.xml
(...)
org.apache.xml.utils.URI$MalformedURIException: No scheme found in URI:
ariadnetest.xml

Concerning the last two messages, URI's only occur at the beginning of
my XML document (ariadnetest.xml), which reads

<!DOCTYPE BaseScheme SYSTEM
"http://bouts.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/AriadneWWW/ARIADNEMetadata.dtd";
        [
                <!NOTATION HTML SYSTEM "text/html">
                <!ENTITY AD SYSTEM
"http://ad.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/"; NDATA HTML>
                <!ENTITY TRAHASCH SYSTEM
"http://ad.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~trahasch"; NDATA HTML>
        ]

As I don't know where to start looking at, I am (once again) asking for
help via this list.

Thanks in advance and best regards from the black forest,
Matt

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY MAIL ADDRESS m.o.will@gmx.de WILL BE DISCONTINUED
AND USE m.o.will@web.de TO SEND ME YOUR E-MAILS! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!