CJK UTF-16 test

A friend has just thrown me something containing eight bytes which
(I am assuming) are four Unicode characters. To test this I have
constructed (manually) a 2-line XML file with what i believe to be
a correct byte-order mark, and an XML Declaration and one
element containing these 8 bytes (eg NUL < NUL ? NUL x NUM m NUL l etc).

Before I try to write the world's most minimal stylesheet :-) could
someone with a clue have a look at the file and say yea or nay to its
well-formedness, as I don't have any parser that will swallow UTF-16.
It's at ftp://oimelc.ucc.ie/pub/foo.xml (to defeat my http server,
which runs
Cocoon, which gags on this file :)

///Peter