RE: XSLT 1.1 comments

Michael Kay said:
> I would add to what James said, a reminder that XSLT 1.0 does not define
> any notion of a stylesheet being "100% XSLT compliant". There are things

As someone who's invested quite a bit of energy running around giving
developers talks on "writing portable XSLT", I will agree that even
XSLT 1.0 is not guaranteed to be portable.  But most developers who
I've talked to are surprised that "portable XSLT" is actually
different from "XSLT 1.0".  So I hope we haven't given up on portable
XSLT - sure there are warts, but this is version 1.0 right?  Surely
nobody is suggesting that, since portability is not guaranteed
in 1.0, we should just forget about it altogether?  Users really
do care about portability, and I hope I haven't been wasting my time
encouraging them..