RE: Escaping Characters in Dynamic data.

> I have come across a problem when processing XML files
> produced dynamically
> by a script pulling back data from a database. If there are
> reserved XML
> characters within the database content being retrieved then
> some XML parsers will throw up an error...

Yes, if you want to convert database output to XML then you have to deal
with the special characters, either by escaping them or by using CDATA.
Otherwise the output isn't XML. And any XML parser that doesn't throw an
error isn't an XML parser.

Fortunately many popular relational datbases have their own code for
producing output in XML, so you don't need to write your own.

Mike Kay