Re: International Characters in attributes

> it outputs the following characters to the HTML:

which is surprising but correct (I assume, I didn't actually check the
UTF8)

You are presumably outputting in the default utf8 encoding, in which
case most latin 1 characters have a two byte encoding, the first byte of
which looks like an accented A if you (incorrectly) view th echaracters
in a latin 1 window.

The output method may output the character in any legal format so
ü or Ӓ (wrong number:-) or in the encoding of the output
document (utf8 in your case).

I'd have expected it to use the same mechanism for all occurences of the
character in the result tree, but it isn't obliged to according to the
spec.

You might want to output HTML in iso-8859-1 rather than utf-8.

David