xsl, position, template Problem

I have the following xml given:

<Para>
Some useful Text
<Stretchext>Bla Bla - some usefule thing</Stretchext>
Another useful text
<Stretchext>Bla Bla - some usefule thing</Stretchext>
Further useful text
</Para>

The Probelm is, how to create a xsl Stylesheet?

I used the following:
<xsl:template match="Para">
<xsl:apply-templates select="//Stretchtext"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Stretchtext"/>
<xsl:value-of select="position()"/>
</xsl:template>
Problem:

The problem now is that the function postion() works well, but
I don't get the output of the text from the xml File.
If I do the following:

<xsl:template match="Para">
<xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:template>

I do get the output of the texts, but now the function position()
dos not count correctly.

So how can I get the output of the text according to its occurance
and count the Stretchtext-Tags correctly.

Thank you.

Partho