Re: Indexing a fop generated document.

   From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>

   Peter S. Housel writes:
    > That brings up the need for another XSL feature: collapsing identical
    > adjacent page number citations.  My documents are full of references that
    > look like:
    >
    >   This module continues on pages 17, 17, 18, 19, 19, 20, 20, 21, 22, 22, 22,
    >   23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 24, 24, 24, 25, 25, 25, 25, 26, 26, 29, 30, 30,
    >   30, 30, 31, 31, 32, 32, 33, 33, 34, 38, 38, 39, 40, 40 and 40.
    >
    > It would be nice if there were a way to fix thi

   thats a nice example which looks unsolvable to me. I suspect
   fo:page-number-citation would have to accept a list of IDs, and have
   an attribute "collapse=true|false"

   sebastian

I agree the general case of collapsing doesn't seem to be covered
(although you could probably support it with an xmltex:collapse="true"
attribute... however it looks like this usage is soluble at the XSLT
stage. If you just want to find the end of the "current" range
don't you just want to write out a page-number-citation to
the start of the first relevant FO and the end of the last one.
That should be detectable at the time you are writing the FO?

David