Preserving character references?

Is there a way I can preserve character references and their format (decimal
or hexadecimal) in a XML document when performing a XSLT transformation?
For example, if I have the following text in the source XML document:

    繁體中文

I would like to have exactly the same thing in the output XML document:

    繁體中文

I tried to perform transformations using MSXML3 (via XMLSpy) and Unicorn
XSLT Processor but both of them resolved the character references.

Also, the value of the encoding attribute in <xsl:output> of my XSLT
stylesheet was set to "UTF-8" element.  When I changed it to "ISO-8859-1",
Unicorn changed the character references into decimal form:

    &#32321;&#39636;&#20013;&#25991;

Therefore, I want to know if there is any way I can force the XSLT processor
to preserve these character references and their format.  Thanks in advance!

Michael Lee
mlee@kanhan.com