RE: performance of copying all source to result

Unfortunately all my benchmarks disagree with you.

I measure only the time needed for the transformation itself (the time
needed to complete the line

transformer.transform(source, result) ;

And I do it enough times in a loop so that it won't be dominated by the Java
VM start up.

Also, I checked this on Windows 2000, Solaris and HP unix (The Unix machines
are only a little faster). I checked with several XSLT processors and
several XML parsers. The length of the transformation is between 1500 ms and
4000 ms.

The only major improvement I saw was on Windows 2000, when I switched to JDK
1.3. The time drops to around 500-600 ms. But it is still not the 50-100 ms
you'd expect.

Therefore, I still suspect my stylesheet could be changed to provide the
same results faster.

Any suggestions?

	Evyatar