removing duplicate children

Hi.  I've looked thru the FAQ and haven't been able to figure out the
magic XSLT script to do what I want.

I want to iterate thru a list of nodes that I select and only print
out the unique ones.  This is different from what I've seen in the FAQ
since I want unique values only from the current node and below it.

So, in the following example, I might be trying to generate the
signatures of some Java methods.

<call>
  <name>methodA</name>
  <throws>java.io.IOException</throws>
  <call>
    <name>methodB</name>
    <throws>MyException</throws>
    <throws>java.io.IOException</throws>
    <call>
      <name>methodC</name>
      <throws>MyException</throws>
      <throws>MyOtherException</throws>
    </call>
  </call>
</call>

void methodA() throws java.io.IOException, MyException, MyOtherException;
void methodB() throws java.io.IOException, MyException, MyOtherException;
void methodC() throws MyException, MyOtherException;

I have a chunk of script that looks something like:
<xsl:template match="call">
  <xsl:text>void </xsl:text>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="name"/>
  <xsl:text>() throws </xsl:text>
  <xsl:for-each select=".//throws">
    <xsl:text>, </xsl:text>
    <xsl:apply-template select="."/>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

What I really want is to turn on a unique parameter to <xsl:sort>
inside of that for-each.

Thanks for any help.

Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools    (510) 869-3462 or x73462
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
"I don't think so," said Rene Descartes.  Just then, he vanished.