RE: Styling xml values into xml namespace tags

> I'd like to know if, when styling an xml into another xml format, it is
> possible to use a value from the first to generate a node in the second
> in the format of a valid namespace (ie. defined at the top of the xml).
>
> For example if I want to use the type attribute as part of the namespace
> in the output xml (assuming it was referenced in the second xml as a
> valid namespace ie xmlns:Book="http://www.examples.eg">):
>
> If the first xml looked similar to.
>
> //
>
>  <entry Id="111766" type="Book">
>   <title>The Hobbit</title>
>   <description>Fantasy</description>
>   </entry>
>
> //
>
> Could it be output as:
>
> <label:Book>
>     <name>The Hobbit</name>
>     <description>Fantasy</description>
> </label:Book>

I think you can do what you are asking with an xsl-element. Assuming label
is a namespace defined in your stylesheet.

<xsl:element name="label:{@type}">
	<name><xsl:value-of select="title"/></name>
	<description><xsl:value-of select="description"/></description>
</xsl:element>

Kev.