Re: need xsl for collapsed treeview

IRUDAYARAJ BACKIARAJ wrote:
> can I get  any help for my problem?
>
> > IE5 default style sheet, provides a tree view of
> > any XML document after expanding all the node.
> >
> > But I want to have by default collapsed tree view.

The default style sheet uses MSXML 2.0 (as ships with IE5). It generates
an HTML document that contains CSS and JavaScript to provide the
collapsing/expanding views. To change the default behaviour, you have to
change whatever HTML it generates.

If you make a copy of the style sheet and reference it externally, as per
the info at that URL you posted, you can make it generate different HTML
that does what you want. But if you rely on the default stylesheet that is
built into MSXML, you cannot change its behaviour. It does not accept a
parameter for changing the default view.

If you do not know what JavaScript changes need to be made, I suggest you
ask for advice in a more appropriate forum (people don't like MSXML 2.0
here). Try the newsgroup
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.programming.xml ... use the NNTP
server msnews.microsoft.com if your local server doesn't carry it, or use
the web interface at
http://msdnnews.microsoft.com/default.asp?masterfolder=xml

Good luck.

   - Mike