RE: Including a document containing static HTML

> First: How to include the file?  Imagine the xml is of the form
>
> <user_info_node file_name="XXX"/>
>
> I have tried the following without success (no error given -
> just nothing included in the output html):
>
> <xsl:value-of select="document(@file_name)"
> disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

The file retrieved by the document() function must be XML. If the file
cannot be retrieved or parsed, it's an error: the XSLT processor may either
report the error, or return an empty node-set.

> Second: Will the disable-output-escaping="yes" save me from
> potentially non-perfectly-formed HTML (by XML standards)?

No. If the document is well-formed XML, xsl:value-of extracts all the text
content; the only effect of disable-output-escaping is that if the input
contains "&lt;" this will be output as "<" rather than as "&lt;".

> How have other people dealt with this type of problem?

Write an extension function which returns the entire HTML content as a
string. Then write

<xsl:value-of select="my:HtmlDocument('filename')"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

Alternatively, generate HTML output that contains a server-side-include.

Mike Kay